X10 Networks Inc. (“X10 Networks”), including its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, collects, processes and stores personal data about you when you avail of its products and services, including its contact form, its websites and mobile applications, participate in its events, apply for a job, or enter into any contract with X10 Networks (“Services”), provided that you have given your express consent.
Collection of Personal Data
X10 Networks collects information you provide directly to it, such as when you fill out the contact form, call to inquire about any of its Services, attend or participate in any of its events, respond to a survey, register, create or modify your accounts in any of its websites and/or mobile applications, contact support, apply for a job, enter into any contract with X10 Networks or otherwise communicate or interact with X10 Networks. X10 Networks may also collect information from Personal Information Controllers (PIC) in its capacity as a Personal Information Processor (PIP).
The following personal data may be collected: your name, age, nationality, civil status, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
During your interaction with X10 Networks and its representatives, additional data may be collected including but not limited to: business information, financial information, and technical information.
Data acquired may be in written form, pictures, and videos, including recordings from closed-circuit cameras for office and site security purposes.
In cases where you provide X10 Networks with personal data of other individuals, such as a person to contact for the fulfillment of a Service X10 Networks provides, X10 Networks will request you to certify that you have obtained consent of such individuals before providing their personal data.
Use and Processing of Personal Data
X10 Networks may use and process the personal data collected about you to allow you to participate in its Services. X10 Networks uses your personal data in providing Services, including for administrative, research, security, and statistical purposes. At all times, your personal data shall not be used or processed for any purpose that is contrary to law.
Sharing of Personal Data
X10 Networks may share personal data between and among the entities comprising the same to enable them to provide you personalized Services. X10 Networks may also share personal data with vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on behalf of X10 Networks. If and when it becomes necessary, a data sharing agreement shall cover any sharing of data between and among X10 Networks and/or its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers. X10 Networks may also share information in accordance with any order from any relevant government agency as provided by law.
Storage and Protection of Personal Data
X10 Networks has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data in paper and electronic formats, including databases, through data encryption and limiting access to personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their duties in delivering the Services.
While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, X10 Networks believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risk and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the GDPR.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Your Rights under the GDPR
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever X10 Networks communicates with you or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;’
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages, of which the company is the proximate cause, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.